Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mid-Term Letter



Dear Professor Cline,
Hello, so far my biggest challenge when it comes to the class so far is the grammar and the right punctuation when it comes to writing essays. I am the type of person that likes everything to be prefect and I love to write, so when I see that I did not use the right type of structure for a paper it slightly bothers me. But I take what I got wrong and learn from it, I try to prefect my writing art and do better the next time around. I like to learn new ways and techniques on how to improve my writing, so when it comes to criticism I take it and learn from it. My biggest success when it comes to this class is when I realized that I am a good writer and that the techniques and lessons that I am learning are helping me become even better. The readings of the class have definitely been interesting! I really enjoyed the story about Bartleby the Scrivener, I did not know what a scrivener was until I read the story. It was interesting how many different ways that the story could be analyzed and how many different elements were within the story. When I first read the story I thought that Bartleby was an actual person but came to re-read the story and through your teachings learned that Bartleby was not what he seemed to be! When it came to the reading of Jonathan Swift’s essay, I was disturbed! I did not truly understand what Swift meant but thanks to you, you helped me understand that Swift wanted the wealthy to eat the babies rather than them working! Literary analysis in my opinion is more structured than other types of writing that I have done in college. When analyzing a reading you have to look at all the fine details rather than just the large picture. I have to say that I like literary analysis compared to other forms of writing that I have done in college. My goals for the second half of the class is to become an even better writer and learn more about the different techniques and structures. I want to improve as much as I can and see how my writing can change from what it is now. I would like to say thank you very much for helping me with my writing and for teaching me this semester! I have had a lot of fun and learned so much from your teachings! I can’t wait to see what else I can learn! Have a wonderful day!
Sincerely,
Ashley Weigand!

No comments:

Post a Comment