Sunday, March 24, 2013

Responding to Noise



 I decided to write a poem about the themes of the story, White Noise, which we have dealt with so far since I love poetry and would often write it as a young angst teenager. I have not written a poem in over 4 years, so I may be a little rusty! J I hope that you enjoy it! The theme that I am talking about is the changing world and the fear of death along with the “white noise” of the modern world. It is a major theme in the novel and the author Don DeLillo showcases how humanity has a dominating fear of death. 


The call of the modern world echoes out into the unknowing white noise,
silently and in shades it stalks its prey,
a monster with no teeth nor blood,
but a creation made by the hand of man,
it feels no pain nor suffers,
it cares not who it takes in its grasp,
Bright, shining, and shimmering is the beast,
Beautiful beyond belief but twisted and rotten,
is it in its illusion,
the beast gives only pain,
and a future filled with decay,
to embrace it and become one with the disease,
or to deny and die it has no mercy.
 

1 comment:

  1. Major props for writing a poem! It is a super creative approach! I can see how your poem talks about the changing world and the fear of death. For not writing a poem for 4 years this is really good because I found the book a little but hard to read and I wouldn't be able to put the over all concept of the book into a poem. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete